Event - Taster session, learn your way around the gig and essential commands plus safety briefing and maiden voyage.
Date(s) - 17/10/2021
8:30 am - 10:00 am
Insert the event into your calendar
Please note that this row will be a future set crew row with your Cox Mark Syrett and by club Covid protocol and guidelines this is classed as a low risk for the club including all Covid secure protocols. Please bring mask and warm/waterproof clothing and water. Meet by the top of the ramp in the marina carpark near the fort entrance. Do not park there or on the road inside the double yellows or you will pick up a fine, head to the Hope car park at that time.
Please answer the following questions before booking on. If you answer yes to any of them please do not book into this row.
1. Have you had new onset of continuous cough in last 7 days?
2. Do you have loss, or change, in sense of taste or smell?
3. Are there any members of your household self-isolating with confirmed coronavirus?
4. Have you been contacted by Track and Trace and asked to self-isolate?
5. Have you had confirmed Coronavirus? If so, have you tested negative since (date)? Or if not, how long did you self-isolate for?
6. You must order and use lateral flow tests pre rows please, this is now a mandatory club requirement, please show your cox your negative test result on your mobile pre your first taster row. This requirement will be lifted once the interactive map returns to white.
Please make sure that we have your up to date contact details? Please email firstname.lastname@example.org with up to date name (real, not nickname), phone number, email, emergency contact if this has recently changed.
Where possible please use your own life jacket. We will supply new starters with life jackets. Please make sure you bring your own drink with you, and dress appropriately for the weather. If the forecast is windy with gusts above 22mph will will probably cancel so keep an eye on forecast. Low tide rows upriver have more flexibility as sheltered.
Please meet first time at the top of the ramp in the car park opposite the fort entrance. You will be expected to wear a face covering up until you are in your seat ready to row, and once you are back at the pontoon. If you are exempt for any reason please email membership and contact your cox to make them aware.
Please note you will be asked the above series of questions before being allowed to row. If feeling unwell before or directly after a row You will be expected to keep the cox updated.
Please arrive 15 minutes early for all rows to help set up and to reduce pfaff.
This event is fully booked.
- Michael Ambridge
- Jill Tyler
- Victoria Taylor
- Jocelyn Gowans
- Gillian Barker
- Mark Riminton