Being on the water gives you a fresh perspective of the local area.
See how beautiful it looks from the boat at our photo gallery.
It's a nigh-on perfect environment for rowing in the Ouse Valley.
Being safe and well-lit, means we can go out in most weather and even row at night.
We are really lucky as many other clubs don't have the environment we have, it's a wonder that more people don't use it.
So ready to come rowing?
- There are currently no membership fees. We want to stay an accessible and inclusive club.
- We provide you with a lifejacket. You need to dress to exercise on the water.
- It's £3 a seat per row payable on the day in cash to your Cox
Click GOING on the Facebook event to indicate that you want a seat on this boat.
Clicking INTERESTED or MAYBE does not give you a place.
Final Crews will be published by the responsible Cox on Facebook with timings at least 24 hours before the event.
- All rowers must have completed a PARQ form before getting on the boat which looks at your health and personal needs.
We currently offer 5 types of rowing
1. Learn to Row - First Timers and Techniques - These rows are designed from people new to our club, new to rowing or people looking to get help with their technique.
2. Junior Rows (Aged <16) - These rows are for juniors under 16 who want to row with their parents. Juniors must be able to swim at least 20 meters unaided and the outside legs must measure at least 1.1 meters so that they can prop themselves between the seat and the footrests.
3. Adventure Row (Competent Crews) - These rows are designed for those those people with 4 - 5 hours available interested in an exploring or adventure row. For example up to Lewes and back or along the coast to Cuckmere or Brighton to see our beautiful Sussex countryside and coastline. These events require stamina and an adventurous spirit!
4. Simply Open Row (Competent Crews)- These rows are designed for those people who have rowed a few times and want to simply come out on the water, exercise, meet new people, mixed crews and enjoy the amazing Ouse estuary in Newhaven. We will either head up river or out to sea depending upon conditions. The route taken is weather and condition dependent
5. Teambuilding rows (On demand and price on request) - We have developed some amazing team days with masterful leadership training and experiences which participants say are “astounding, inspiring, mind shifting, unforgettable and breath taking”. Your team can learn to pull together to row a Cornish Gig along the amazing Seven Sisters coastline or up the River Ouse through the stunning countryside of the South Downs national park. You can stop at the historic town of Lewes for lunch, discuss lessons learnt and how your team operates as well as discover mindful practices. Our land and water team here are warm, friendly and truly welcoming and the team day leaders are experts, experienced in business growth, leadership psychology and company purpose with a true people centric approach. We focus on helping you and your team really feel connected, inspired and driven. We will inspire you to consider your own purpose, your potential and the promises you make yourself to be the best you can.
Still not seen what you like?